Thursday, March 29, 2007

Stars in the Blogging Community

Blogging isn't just for journalism majors being forced into it, or people with opinions no one wants to hear so they let it out on livejournal.com its for everyone including many of the fames and stars we look up to, know and watch.

Check out Curt Schilling's recently created blog, 38 Pitches

When checking out blogs of very busy, prestigious, people especially sporting elites I tend to wonder if it is actually them doing the blogging. Do they really have the time to sit there and put the time in to typing their thoughts into a website? Well Schilling makes the time. This blog has a mix of question and answers where Schilling actually takes time to respond to his fans and readers:
Q-Have you ever been on a Starting Rotation comparable to this one, and the endless potential it may have?

A-That’s a tough one because to live up to ‘endless potential’ everything needs to fall perfectly right. In 1993 and 2004 the rotations we started the season with stayed intact for pretty much the entire year, which was huge. We competed against each other in an advantageous way for the team. This rotation absolutely has that potential.


Not only does Schilling answer questions on his career and team but he writes about his family and wife, and gives advice to his readers about their kids as well.
Q-How do you know when a kid has enough talent go far with Baseball?

A-I think that falls on the ‘kid’ as much as it does the parents. Parents view their childrens athletic ability through very rosy glasses. I’ve been around kids, coached kids and worked with kids who’s parents would tell me that their son is a surefire major leaguer if he ‘keeps it up’ and I’m sitting there watching a kid who isn’t going to make his high school team. The numbers are staggering, it used to be 1 in every 100,000 kids who plays organized baseball gets drafted. Then you look at the volume of kids drafted and how few of them make it to the major leagues and it can be daunting. If you’re working with your kids in sports for them to become ‘pro’s’ then I think you’re making a huge mistake. You won’t get them there, they will. However if you have your kids playing sports to learn the real lessons they teach, sportsmanship, camaraderie, respect, how to count on teammates and be counted on, how to handle winning and losing, all the truly important life lessons then I think you’re doing the right thing. I could care less if any of my kids become ‘pro’s’, I just want them to have a passion for whatever it is they do, and be as good as they can be, trying to be the best.


Now what makes this blog believable? He makes errors, spelling errors, and admits to them.
Trying some different ways to format, while I am shooting for zero misspellings, there may be a few!
However I think they add a real feel to his blog letting you know...he's just like the rest of us.

Up next is a blog just as comical as his acting on Scrubs, Zach Braff


The layout of this blog is particularly pleasing and impressive not to mention his witty entries.

Didn’t win, but I met P. Diddy, so who u calling a loser? He made eye contact with me and headed towards me and I was like “uh oh, did I anger Diddy?” My brain started spinning, “think of times you may or may not have pissed off Diddy. Quickly! What r u doing? Don’t look at Harley from “Lost” focus on Diddy!!!” Anyway, he just came over to say hi and that I made him laugh. He gave me a big smile and a cool handshake (that I kept up with – thank you Donald Faison) and could not have been a nicer guy.

This blog will definitely be added to my bookmarks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Собралась заказать [url=http://shkafy.com/uglovye/]угловой шкаф на заказ[/url] расскажите еще что то, выбор стал огромный растерялась я